Monday, December 1, 2008

"Of the Skin"

So that is the official title for my now completed rawhide project. I had enough hide for two pieces so I decided to completely finish one project before starting on the next. The idea being that I would work all the kinks out on the first round and would be able to make any necessary changes for round two.


I coated both the inside and outside of the hide in amber shellac for an all-natural glow. Above is the before and after with round-two still awaiting its coating. My crit went well, the verdict being that it is both beautiful and a little creepy. I have really enjoyed working with the material and have a few more ideas that I would like to test out.

1 comment:

Miss Mule' said...

Wow...i know i havent met you, but i was browsing blogs and that is some amazing work !

I was an art major for 3 1/2 years. Studios classes take FOREVER !!!! Thank god for music right :)

Your work is absolutely ingenious ! Keep it up !