Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Self-Portrait

We had our final presentations today for the project entitled Cultural Mirror. I am still processing all the comments but I wanted to go ahead and show you all the final product.

A lot of people really liked the project but there was a vocal minority who thought the frames and the hands were not cohesive both in terms of concept and form. By their nature, the frames are protecting and displaying while the hands seemed to be offering the books up to the user. Some people also thought the placement was too literal. Although on this point I definitely disagree - the placement has to be literal or the idea is lost.

As an added bonus, the hands do more than just hold stacks of books!


During the review I snapped some quick pics of Mariel and Hye Jung sitting right in front of my project. I though it was fun how similar they looked.

No comments: