Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A New Direction

While I was at Haystack in September I made a purse out of leather remnants. I have received lots of positive feedback and have decided to see if I can't make something of it.


The first version of the purse had some details that needed improvement, namely the handle and how it connected to the body of the purse. To work out the details, I purchased some large leather remnants online and started stitching yesterday morning.

Since I ordered the material online, I wasn't quite sure what the actual product would look like. One leather in particular was a little odd so I decided to use it for my first round of testing. After a full day of planning and stitching, I had a swollen, red hand and a purse to show for it.


I'd love to hear what everyone thinks...although it might be difficult to get a true impression from these photographs.

No comments: