Friday, December 7, 2007

One Class Down

I had my final review this evening for my welded steel chair. Overall, it went really well. During the final week or so of working on the chair I made several compromises in the name of finishing. Some of the compromises produced added benefits but it would have been nice to have time to work everything out as it should have been. I feel like the legs are a little small in proportion to the seat and the color is not quite as bright as I was imagining.


Ideally, I would have been able to coat the inside in a different color but the cross-hatching pattern still shows up. While I was waiting outside for my transport ride I took some pics of the light coming through the pattern onto the sidewalk below - it is quite atmospheric.




People really seem to like the chair, although only those on the smaller side find it comfortable for long periods of time. Visually, it is quite appealing though. Check out the upcoming posts for images of some of the other projects - it was really a good body of work.

No comments: