Monday, December 17, 2007

Semester Finished

Well, the semester is officially over. My work is done. Everything came together really well except for one thing - the porcelain boxes. I was only able to fire the boxes once and they did not shrink enough to fit into the slots. The good news is that once I am able to put them through the second firing they will fit quite nicely. I was actually a little nervous they would shrink too much. Just shows you can never really anticipate the outcome.


I am planning on finishing the boxes up when school starts back in January. If I was to spend a little more design time on the project I would work on the base. I would like it to be more elegant and integrated into the boxes. It looks a bit too much like a store display right now. Here are some photos of my presentation. The lighting in the building was difficult for photography so the pictures are not of the highest quality.


No comments: