Thursday, March 27, 2008

Unnamed Chair

Many of you may remember the strange woven creature I made during Wintersession. Well, off and on since then, I have been working on a structure that would tame the creature and turn it into a chair... This week has been my spring break and so I spent a couple days in Providence trying to finish up the project.



I had already drilled all of the holes earlier in the semester so I really only had to weld together all of the pieces. Once I sand and finish the steel, I will sew the tubes to the frame using the same white yarn I used to weave the seat. I was a little worried the tubes would just pull out over time but I hope their density will prevent any one tube from holding too much weight. The whole thing takes up quite a bit of space but I think it should be quite comfortable in the end.

No comments: